April 9th, 2015 by Andrea Matesi 769 Views
In case you missed how to get the free Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 upgrade, here's a quick rundown of what's involved:
1) Install http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40098 and restart as requested.
2) Open the Windows Store "As Administrator".
3) Click (or tap) on the huge "Update to Windows 8.1 for free"-tile & Select Download.
The download process will take awhile (depending on your Internet connection speed) and don't be surprised if your next Restart is slow!
Posted in Windows 8/8.1 | No Comments »
October 19th, 2013 by Andrea Matesi 2315 Views
Microsoft was so happy about the Windows 8 success that they choose to gift us all with a new, improved Windows (or should I say Tileows?!) 8.1.
If you are the lucky owner of a genuine Windows 8, you are entitled to a free Windows 8.1 upgrade from the Windows Store.
Go get it now!
To upgrade your Windows 8 x64 to the new Windows 8.1 x64, proceed as follows:
1) Download & install http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40098 (Administrator permissions required - follow the prompts & Restart as requested).
free shopping...how good is that?!
2) Tap (or Click for us oldies) on the green "Store" tile (please note - Administrator permissions might be required).
3) Select the giant purple tile named "Update to Windows 8.1 for free".
...no more Internet for tonight :)
4) Click (or tap...) on the (violet?) "Download"-Button.
5) Brace for a 3.42GB impact.
Posted in Microsoft, NEWS | Comments Off on 5 steps to upgrade Windows 8 x64 to Windows 8.1 x64 for free.